19 March 2014

#7, #8, #9 Singing

7, 8, 9... Hold on... That's three reasons..
Three? Now, Courtney, how are you ever going to turn this into a book if you plaster three reasons together? Won't it be too short then?
Well reader, you seem to underestimate the number of reasons I have for being single.
But you might have a point. 
But I have a point too!
#s 7, 8, and 9 are together because they are all about the same thing. 
Singing.


#7 I sing what I'm doing while I play video games

So on the upside, I play video games!
buuuuut...
I sing while I do it.


Every Tuesday and Thursday my cousin Mariah and I get together and paint our nails, play video games, and often bake cookies. Sometimes we go out and do tasks, or stay around the house with the animals. We also rescue dogs and plan weddings. Give us a shout.
Anyhoot.
We often play video games.
We like to play Call Of Duty: Black Ops.
We suck.
More often than not we play the zombies version.
We rock.

Not really.

But when we play the zombie version, we always start out the same way: At Green Run, on the farm, and for the first few rounds we use the knife to kill the zombies. Not only do you get more points, its just a badass feeling. 
I like to refer to this killing by knife as shanking. So our first few rounds are filled with quips from me going
"Shanks for stopping by!"
"Oh you ruined my barrier. SHANKS."
"How sweet of you to come barging into my house. I can't shank you enough!"
"Shanks for finding my knife."
Its beautiful. Really, I think this might just be an art-form. 
Finally when the shanking stops, we switch to guns. And from there it just gets ugly. 
I like to sing about what we're doing. 
"Gonna get a gun, gonna get a gun, but I gotta go up those staaaiiirs. I MADE IT!" 
"I'm a normal girl, in a zombie woooorrrld. Ammunition, I just need some."
"Down goes the zombie, gotta run towards the barn, shank you, shank you, and right up the stair. *AAAAAAH** he almost got me."
Now, this of course is the clean version. Whenever we play, the swear words that fly outta my mouth are a little ridiculous, and sometimes made up.
Also, I'm still laughing at the zombie girl song. GOLD.

Or sometimes when we play Batman: Arkham City I like to sing about being Batman.
Cause I mean. BATMAN.
"Flying across the city, gonna save mr. freeeeze. All so that he can kill me. Gonna beat someone, beat someone."
And of course the Bane voice comes out.

I could sing songs and talk about this all day/night long. 
Let's move on.

#8 I sing while I cook

The difference here is I don't sing about what I'm doing. I sing about whatever is on the radio, or my playlist, cause let's face it... I'd rather listen to my weirdo music that I know every word to than to some slow song about how her heart is broke, or some fast fake stuff about how he just wants to do her.
I like songs with meaning, and feeling behind them. Songs that I can relate to, not songs about some crazy lifestyle I'll never be anywhere near having much less one I would want.
That doesn't mean I don't have Talk Dirty by Jason DeRulo on my playlist.
NO JUDGEMENT- I warned you when you came in here.
And of course because I am in the kitchen,
I have to dance.
Isn't that what kitchens are meant for? Dancing?
no?
oh.
OH WELL. I DANCE.
And it's embarrassing. But its fun. And every now and then if I'm at home, my little brother will dance with me. 
Until Sheriff Callie distracts him and he says, "I have to go now."

BOYS.

#9 I Sing

The fact that I sing at all is fairly concerning. I mean. Most of the time, it sounds like a dying cat. Or some newbie opera singer trying to impress.
There are few songs I actually think are acceptable for me to sing in public... and I sing the ones that aren't anyway. Singing makes me happy. Singing also means I'm happy. Or sad. Really music has too much of a hold on me. But we'll save that for another entry. 
Sometimes I like to mock sing, sometimes I actually sing, and if I actually sing in front of you, you oughta feel special. Because that means I trust you.
I remember this summer, sitting on the balcony of my friends' apartment, them with guitars, me singing. It was one of the best feelings. It felt so free and happy. Its a sleepy sunshine kind of memory that warms me up inside. One of my friends later that day made the comment about how I should sing more. and louder. I honestly don't remember anyone other than him ever saying that to me. And those words meant more than I think he'll ever know. I love singing, and to hear someone else liked when I sang too? Like a big ol' cup of sunshine.

So to recap. 
I like to play video games.
I like to sing about them while I play.
I like to cook.
I like to sing when I cook.
I like to sing.
I suck.

Wow that was a lot of stuff you just learned about me.
I tossed a lot of information at you.
Hopefully enough to warn you off from thinking I'm dateable.
I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment