10 March 2014

#50 My Insomnia

This blog has that creative title up there for a reason. I actually started writing a novel of sorts. The book would have that exact title up at the top. But I have a problem with writing novels. I'm super good at the end. Super good at the beginning. But its that middle ground I struggle with. 

Consequently, I seem to think I am hilarious and awesome and good at writing when I write on blogs. For some reason the snarky words just flow from my fingertips. The sarcasm and puns practically type themselves. 

It's great!

Back to the novel.
The book would be a list of reasons why I'm single, and why I probably always will be. 
Except, I don't think I always will be. Just most of the time.

You see, I have these really annoying habits. Or little quirks about me. But they're sure enough to drive any sane person away, and no offense to any of the males reading this...(ha! somebody actually reading this? Let alone a guy?) but you all have even a less tolerance to the kind of crazy I have.
Oh woe is me, eh?

So to the title of the post,
Reason why I'm single #50
I have a mild case of Insomnia
And no I don't mean that I just have trouble sleeping at night. Its such a pet peeve of mine when people who couldn't sleep the night before claim they have insomnia. THAT is not insomnia. Insomnia is being up until 3 am, crying because you can't sleep and haven't in a few days. And when your body finally gives in, your alarm goes off. Insomnia has awful side effects too. Sometimes you can't eat. Most times you just don't have the energy to do anything. So many people think that insomnia means you don't get tired. But I swear to you it is the opposite. You think well, I'm going to be up, I might as well do something- but your brain is exhausted. I remember when I had my brief fling with college- the nights of horrid insomnia. I'd be awake in my bed trying to work on homework until 3 am, when I decided to roam the halls, where incredibly my friends were awake. They enabled me and my insomnia too. 
And I know what you're thinking- "Well that's what college kids do! They pull all nighters!"
But most college kids don't pull all nighters multiple nights in a row, and most of them, when they try can sleep easily. 
No, I had- er have- insomnia. Its almost like a habit for me. Pills don't help, I've tried every over the counter dosage of melatonin available. Nothing has any effect on me.
I've finally learned to manage the wretchedness that is Insomnia.
But like I said... I only had a mild form of Insomnia- Acute Insomnia
Look it up folks!  

So, having this form of Acute Insomnia, makes it very hard for me to cuddle with someone. I hardly ever can fall asleep while cuddling with my significant other. I lay awake and think, my mind racing at a thousand miles a minute.

I envy those who fall asleep instantly in the arms of their loved one.

Anyway..............

I have managed to beat this insomnia now. I sleep pretty regularly, at least enough for me. That doesn't mean though that the insomnia doesn't flare up. And when it does, like last night, I am irritable, dead-tired, and not my normal ray of sunshine self.
And I don't like that person.

She is impossible. She's hard to please. She doesn't think straight. She talks in circles. She loses her train of thought quite frequently. She doesn't take anger well. She loses her cool quickly. She can't remember when she's already told someone something.

She's a mess. 

And that is exactly why reason #50 is my insomnia.



One last note,  
As you may have noticed. This is reason #50 which only means that there are at least 49 more of these to go.
I promise the next one will be written better.

Here's to hoping you stick around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment